Plug Into The Power!

On May 11, 1935, President Roosevelt established the Rural Electrification Administration, for the sole purpose of bringing electricity to rural America. With financial support and technical assistance from the REA, rural residents came together to form electric cooperatives.

Northwestern REC, made up of  local farmers and other rural folks in 1936 and incorporated on February 13, 1936, was the first electric distribution cooperative in Pennsylvania. Since then, Northwestern REC has grown to 20,000 members in Crawford, Erie, Venango, Mercer and Warren Counties in Pennsylvania.

Owned by those it serves, Northwestern REC abides by the seven basic cooperative principles:

     Democratic Control - one membership, one vote

     Open Membership

     Limited Return on Investment

     Return of Margins to Owner-Members

     Continuing Education

     Cooperation Among Cooperatives

     Concern for the Community

Co-op lineman play a large part in our success as a Power Team.
Our Power Team includes the local employees and local Board of Directors of a
member-owned electric cooperative, which serves over 20,000 members with
reliable, stable and affordable electricity.

Our members enjoy cutting edge technology, like SmartHub and
Load Management, on their Power Team to help them manage their electricity use
and costs.

For more information about how you can plug into the power of Northwestern REC please call 1-800-472-7910 or visit NorthwesternREC.coop



Leave a comment!


Name:
Email:
Website:
Comment: